Thursday, March 11, 2010

2010 Summer Fashion ideas

With the crazy weather from extremely humid to cloudy and hazy, been hunting ideas for summer fashion and thanks to my daily dose of In-Style's Look of the Day found some refreshing and classy styles that you may like too:

Love this! I could imagine this style in a more humid-friendly fabric like georgette or chiffon crepe with floral prints or even zebra which is so popular now. Just keep in mind to keep the prints small since loud prints could be overwhelming especially for a maximum-coverage dress like this one. Of course solids are fine too but I would suggest a more lively color like mango or tangerine.


Button Down Lace Tunic by Free People

Nowadays tunics are my best friends since they hide my tummy and always looks so classy and clean! Pair it with leggings and ballet flats or you can even fancy it up for night-outs by wearing it with opaque stockings and heeled booties and a slim belt. But for me I wear my tunics with bear legs since they are my best assets (plus I look slimmer!).

Maya Dress by Marc Jacobs

What I liked about this dress are the details: vertical stripes and a-line cut, both figure-friendly! Just make sure the hem ends above the knees and not any higher.

Loved it that the Halston label was resurrected and with no less than Sarah Jessica Parker as Creative Director! Here the label also resurrects an 80's fad by which Halston was famous for: the jumpsuit. The elastic banding at the waist is another great idea to hide a tummy and the slinky jersey material is not clingy at all. Dress it down with flip-flops or dress it up with wedge sandals and big hoop earrings.

Sequin Romper by Robert Rodriguez

Rompers could be figure-friendly too, you know. The trick is to have a billowy top and a garterized waist. I noticed that an exposed shoulder is sexy no matter what your body type is. Although this one of Robert Rodriguez is for evening wear, you can have a similar cut done in cotton with summer prints.

As this is my maiden post and the site is still undergoing improvements, i hope you liked my ideas here and will come back to check more posts. In the next post I'll be posting local finds to help you with your summer shopping!

Be fiercely fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. are these for sale, sister?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup sister kaso from the states. you can click on the picture caption. dun mo makita yun prices and how to order.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...